NOW ACCEPTING TEAM STAFF APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
Jan. 2, 2020
Hockey Nova Scotia is now accepting team staff applications for our 2020 High Performance Program.
The Hockey Nova Scotia High Performance Program offers volunteers an opportunity to gain valuable experience on an off the ice while working with the province's top players, coaches, trainers and officials.
Positions are available in all categories of the program including:
* Female Under-18 (players aged 16 and 17)
* Female Under-16 (players aged 14 and 15)
* Male Under-16 (players aged 15)
* Male Under-15 (players aged 14)
* Male Under-14 (players aged 13)
In each of these divisions, there are several staff positions available. These include: hockey operations director (one per division), head coach (one per division), assistant coaches (two per division), coach-evaluator (one per division), camp coaches, and trainer (one per division).
The camp dates are as follow:
* Spring Camp (Female Under-16 and Under-18): April 17-19, 2020 - RBC Centre, Dartmouth
* Spring Camp (Male Under-14 and Under-15): April 17-19, 2020 - RBC Centre, Dartmouth
* Spring Camp (Male Under 16): To Be Determined
* Summer Camp (Female Under-16 and Under-18): July 8-12, 2020 - St. FX University, Antigonish
* Summer Camp (Male Under-14 and Under-15): July 15-19, 2020 - St. FX University, Antigonish
* Atlantic Challenge Cup (Thanksgiving Weekend): October 9-12, 2020 - Moncton, N.B.
* QMJHL Under-16 Challenge: April 2020 (exact dates to be announced)
The High Performance Program, while being focused on preparing and identifying the very best players in our province for future national program opportunities, offers a strong commitment to player development. The program will concentrate on exposing players to high level training programs including a focus on skill development, off-ice training and conditioning, and class sessions on many topics relevant to aspiring hockey players.
Staff Expectations include, but are not limited to:
The High Performance Program is also the pathway to Hockey Canada’s national programs both in the male and female programs for both coaches and players.
Hockey Nova Scotia covers all expenses associated with being involved in program for staff including travel, accommodations and meals while at camps and events. Coaches will also receive an apparel package.
The deadline for applications is January 20, 2020.
If you have any questions about these positions or the Hockey Nova Scotia High Performance Program, please contact Development Director Darren Sutherland (firstname.lastname@example.org).