NOW ACCEPTING TEAM STAFF APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
Jan. 31, 2019
DARTMOUTH — Hockey Nova Scotia is now accepting team staff applications for our 2019 High Performance Program.
The Hockey Nova Scotia High Performance Program offers volunteers an opportunity to gain valuable experience on an off the ice while working with the province's top players, coaches, trainers and officials.
Positions are available in all categories of the program including:
* Female Under-18 (players aged 16 and 17)
* Female Under-16 (players aged 14 and 15)
* Male Under-16 (players aged 15)
* Male Under-15 (players aged 14)
* Male Under-14 (players aged 13)
In each of these divisions, there are several staff positions available. These include: hockey operations director (one per division), head coach (one per division), assistant coaches (two per division), coach-evaluator (one per division), camp coaches, and trainer (one per division).
The camp dates are as follow:
* Spring Camp (Female Under-16 and Under-18): April 19-21, 2019
* Spring Camp (Male Under-14 and Under-15): April 19-21, 2019
* Spring Camp (Male Under 16): April 19-21, 2019
* Summer Camp (Female Under-16 and Under-18): July 10-14, 2019
* Summer Camp (Male Under-16): July 13-17, 2019
* Summer Camp (Male Under-14 and Under-15): July 17-21, 2019
* Atlantic Challenge Cup (Thanksgiving Weekend): October 11-14, 2019
* QMJHL Under-16 Challenge: April 2020 (exact dates to be announced)
The deadline for applications is February 22, 2019.
Please note that all coaches and staff will receive:
* a Hockey Nova Scotia apparel package
* the opportunity to collect professional development points (which will go towards maintaining your coaching certification)
* the opportunity to network with other coaches from various levels across the province
* expenses associated with attending camps and events are covered by Hockey Nova Scotia
If you have any questions about these positions or the Hockey Nova Scotia High Performance Program, please contact Development Director Darren Sutherland (firstname.lastname@example.org).