HOCKEY NOVA SCOTIA SEEKING OFFICIATING REGIONAL COORDINATOR — VALLEY REGION
Aug. 5, 2018
DARTMOUTH — Hockey Nova Scotia is seeking an officiating regional coordinator for the Valley region.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest to Hockey Nova Scotia Referee-in-Chief Michael MacDonald by August 20 at email@example.com.
Details on the role can be found below:
Officiating Regional Coordinator – Valley Region
- Shall be a positive promoter of the HNS Officiating program and its initiatives.
- Zone supervisor positions shall be appointed by HNS through an application process and be subject to review every two years.
- Shall not be an active official in the elite levels of hockey.
- Shall be an active or ex-official in the Hockey Canada Officiating Program.
- Must attend an officiating RIC clinic each year to refresh rule knowledge and be current on the initiatives of the HNS Officiating Program.
- Must regularly report to the HNS RIC at the beginning of the season and at the mid-point of the season. This report should outline the status of officiating in their zone, the officials, supervisors and other issues.
- Responsible for the Elite levels of Hockey in the Valley, from Windsor to Clare.
- Ensure, with the cooperation of HNS, all officials working these levels of hockey have completed the required officiating clinic required.
- Ensure that assignments of officials at the elite levels within the zone are entered on HNSOP website.
- Liaise with MHA RIC’s within their zone and the HNS Officiating Program to promote the development and promotion of officials to the elite levels of hockey. Promotion of officials comes through recommendations for HNS Officiating Development Programs, OPOE and other events which will give the officials experience and exposure. Development can be promoted through the use of on-ice and classroom sessions.
- To supervise and coach officials within the zone and to submit reports within the HNSOP system.
- Working with MHA RICs to establish an officiating coaching program within their zone.
Responsible to oversee the assigning of all hockey at the levels of:
- Major Bantam
- High School (Male)
- High School (Female)
- NSMMHL (lines)
- NS Minor Midget AAA
- NSJrCHL NSJHL (lines)
- MHL (lines)
- AUS Male (lines)