FUNDING NOW AVAILABLE FOR GRASSROOTS INITIATIVES THROUGH HOCKEY CANADA FOUNDATION
Jan. 3, 2018
DARTMOUTH The Hockey Canada Foundation, through its Grassroots Initiatives program, is now offering an opportunity for minor/female hockey associations or community groups to apply for grants that support its mission to preserve, nurture and strengthen the bond between Canadians and hockey .
The Foundation’s Grassroots Initiative program will make available up to $10,000 to support the expansion of an existing accessibility initiative or to introduce a new initiative within the Western, Nova, and Halifax Regions of Hockey Nova Scotia.
The announcement of the recipient(s) will be made in conjunction with the 2018 Esso Cup being held in Bridgewater from April 22-28, 2018.
(PHOTO CREDIT: Mark Pineo)
The initiative should fall within the areas of our strategic priorities:
• Enable: Removing barriers to the game
• Educate: Providing resources and tools to better equip kids, parents, and coaches
• Engage: Promoting nation - building, citizenship, mentorship, and community involvement
The project selected to achieve the initiative could include:
• Learn to skate program
• Equipment program
• Skill development program
• Introducing the game to newcomer
• Breaking down barriers to registration
• Increasing access to the game
• Recruitment and retention
Those applying for a grant should submit a letter including:
• The Minor Hockey Association’s contact information (including an individual and phone number to contact)
• A detailed summary of the in itiative they are seeking financial support for
• A budget showing how that support would be used
• The number of minor hockey players who would be positively impacted
• Names and contact information of potential attendees for a cheque presentation to be determined during the 2018 Esso Cup, Canada’s National Female Midget Championship held in Bridgewater, NS, April 22 - 28, 2018
• Name and contact information of a HQ Branch r epresentative that can also attend the cheque presentation
• Report Completion (post program/initiative) in determining the impact of this grant for HCF reporting and stories
The deadline for receipt of applications is February 18, 2018. Applications can be submitted to Marjorie Heide, Stewardship & Prospect Research Specialist, Hockey Canada Foundation at email@example.com.