NSFMHL SEEKING NEW PRESIDENT
Jul. 4, 2013
The Nova Scotia Female Midget Hockey League is looking for a new president.
The search is underway for a candidate who has a strong knowledge of both the history of female hockey in Nova Scotia and the female hockey system. This candidate must have a passion for the game.
Responsibilities of the league president include:
* serving as the official representative of the league
* supporting the purpose of the league
* meeting with the league executive monthly to address league issues, monitor operations
* holding annual general meeting once a year with league membership to report on league finances, changes, plans, team reports
* working closely with the league executive to prepare an annual budget, league schedule, franchise renewals
* working closely with teams to implement ongoing improvements to league structure, operations
* working closely with Hockey Nova Scotia and Female Council on matters of policy and governance
* addressing individual concerns of teams in a fair and open manner
Interested applicants are asked to send a letter to current NSFMHL president Don Crawley (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining their relevant experience.
The deadline for submissions is August 1st.